So for those interested in tapping into the healing power of God, I would like to share with you some key points on how to receive it. This way, you can experience the healing power of God in the comfort of your own dwelling place and share this truth with others who are in need of healing.
1. Healing Comes Through Faith
"I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you've received it, it will be yours." -Mark 11:24
The miraculous and profound things of God are actually way more simple than most realize. The Bible says, God uses the foolish things to confound the wise. This being said, the Bible shows time and time again in all the healing miracles that every person who was healed simply believed that they would be healed and that is why they received healing.
- In Luke 8:43-48 a woman with an issue of blood said to herself, If I can just touch the hem of Jesus' garment I will be made well. Consider the fact that Jesus was surrounded by a multitude of people who were thronging Him. If Jesus' garment was the reason for the healing, how come the woman with the issue of blood was the only one who was healed? That is because she was the only one who used the garment as a point of contact of faith for her healing. She genuinely believed that if she touched Jesus' clothes she would be made well and since that is what she believed, that is what she received. Jesus even said to her, "Your faith has made you well."
- In Matthew 15:21-28 a Canaanite woman asked Jesus to deliver her bound daughter. Because healing technically only belonged to those who followed Jesus, this woman didn't really deserve to have her child healed. She was a Canaanite, not a Jew or a converted Christian. So, Jesus said to her "It is not good to take the children’s bread and throw it to the little dogs." Jesus was literally comparing her to a dog, saying she was not worthy of healing. Instead of getting offended, she said to Jesus, "Yes, Lord, yet even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table." What she meant by this statement was that even if she just had a crumb, a spec, or a small piece of Jesus' power it would be enough for her daughter to be healed. Jesus being genuinely taken aback by how much she trusted in Him replied in this manner according to verse 28: “O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour. Here, we see once again that having a genuine mindset of believing for healing grants you the thing you desire.
2. Things that Cause People to Doubt
"Truly I tell you, whoever says to this mountain, be lifted up and thrown into the sea and does not doubt at all in his heart, but believes that what he says will take place, it will be done for him." -Mark 11:23
Here are some things that sometimes cause people to doubt that they are going to be healed:
- Some people believe that they deserve their sickness or that they have some type of sin that they have not been forgiven for or that they are receiving bad "karma". That is why I am glad that that the prophet Isaiah puts these theories to rest when he prophesied: But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed. Here Isaiah was prophesying the punishment that Jesus received on our behalf. Notice what he says: #1- He (Jesus) was WOUNDED for OUR transgressions (sins). Meaning the wounds that we deserved because of our sins/transgressions were bestowed upon Jesus. #2- Likewise, he says Jesus was BRUISED for OUR iniquities. Meaning the bruises we were supposed to be subjected to because of our sins were once again placed on Jesus and #3- BY HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED. A person who believes they are sick because they are being punished for their sins is a person who believes that Jesus' beatings, bruises, bloodshed and stripes were not a worthy enough sacrifice to cover their sins!
- Some others even believe that they are not anointed enough to pray for healing for themselves or for other people. However, if you look in Mark 11 in the story where Jesus cursed a fig tree and causes it to wither, Jesus' disciples marvel at the power that Jesus has. But Jesus says to them, "whoever says to this mountain, be lifted up and thrown into the sea and does not doubt at all in his heart, but believes that what he says will take place, it will be done for him." Notice Jesus' use of the word "whoever". Some other versions & gospels, say "any man": Any man who prays genuinely believing will receive the thing they are believing for! Not any man who has a healing ministry, but any man in general.
- Lastly, some people believe their pain, sickness or disease is too big to be healed. Or they believe that they had their ailment for too long for it to be reversed. Now, while there are many bible verses I can share to show you that nothing is too hard for God to heal, I will instead show you this video about a family who believed that their loved one who was DEAD FOR 17 HOURS was going to live. And miraculously the woman came back to life! Yet even though this was a miracle, when the family was questioned, they said they new it was going to happen... it was what they genuinely believed. Check the video out for yourself: